The Keychain camera is for the times you need to keep a super secret and simply get what you need without a fuss or a hassle.
That’s why this Spy Camera Keychain is ideal. It looks just like a car remote but inside its packed with surveillance equipment that will deliver you accurate results and footage every time.
The Mini DVR inside this car remote boasts 30 FPS with a 720 x 480 resolution and a 1280 x 1024 resolution (1.2 MP) camera. The simple design makes it easy to use and transport and the Spy Car Remote DVR even comes with 4GB of flash memory that can be expanded to 16GB should you need more space in the future.
The Spy Car Remote DVR records in AVI format and thus you can use it with any software that supports AVI files to view your video plus this little device can double as a webcam!
This < href="http://www.stungunmikes.com/bicstick-sa.html">spying gadget comes with a built-in rechargeable lithium (280mhA 3.7v ) battery that will last for up to 1.5 hours per charge, then you simply connect the device to a computer using the provided USB cord and recharge it for its next use.
The Spy Car Remote DVR minus the keychain (keychain adds 2 inches in length) is only 2 inches long by 1 and a quarter inches and comes complete with the key remote camera, a USB cord, and a user manual.
We highly recommend that you check all state, local and Federal Laws governing the use of video and audio surveillance equipment in your jurisdiction.
Keychain Cameras <===== See More =====> James Bond Gadgets
Figure 1: DVRCR Spy Car Remote DVR (2GB)
Recording Video on the Minicam:
To record video, press and hold the ON/OFF button until the yellow indicator light comes on and stays on. The unit is now in standby mode. Press and hold the REC button until the yellow light flashes 3 times quickly and goes out. The unit is now recording video.
To pause the recording, press the REC button once. The yellow light will come on and stay on, indicating standby mode. The video file is saved when it is paused.
(NOTE: Just pressing the REC button when video is paused allows you to take pictures. Every time the REC button is pressed, a picture will be taken)
To continue recording, press and hold the REC button until the yellow light flashes 3 times quickly and goes out. The unit is now recording again.
To turn the unit off, press and hold ON/OFF button until the yellow light goes out.
NOTE: When the memory card is full, the yellow light will stay on.
Taking Pictures with the keychain spy camera:
- Press and hold the ON/OFF button until the yellow light comes on and stays on.
- Press and release the REC button to take a picture.
- The yellow light will go out and come back on. Each time the REC button is pressed and released a picture will be taken.
- To turn the unit off, press and hold the ON/OFF button until the yellow light goes out.
Viewing Video and Pictures, or Using the Spy Gadgets As Webcam:
- Plug unit into computer using USB cable. Select “Open Folder to View Files using Windows Explorer” or go to drive list and select the device’s drive (usually E). Open “DCIM”, then “100MEDIA”. Double-click your files to view them.
- To use the device as a webcam, plug into computer using USB cable. Press the ON/OFF button once to exit video/picture viewing mode and enter webcam mode. You’ll notice that “USB Video Device” has now been added to your list of drives, under “Scanners and Cameras”. Double-click “USB Video Device” and the device is now operating as a webcam.
- Press ON/OFF again to return to video/picture viewing mode.
Charging the Spy Car Remote Camera:
- The battery is a built-in lithium rechargeable battery. Please charge the battery fully before use. When the unit needs to be charged, the yellow indicator light will begin to flash slowly. To charge the unit, turn it off and plug into computer using the USB cable. The yellow light will begin to flash. When the battery is fully charged, the yellow light will stop flashing and remain on.
- To charge with the DC charger, connect the DVR to the charger with the USB cable. Plug the charger into an electrical outlet. The red and green lights on the charger will light and the yellow light on the DVR will begin to flash. When the battery is fully charged, the yellow light will stop flashing and remain on. (NOTE: it is recommended to charge the battery for 30 to 60 minutes longer after the yellow light stops flashing).
Time Setting on the Keychain spycamera:
- To synchronize video time with computer time, create a text file named “Tag” and save it on the device’s memory card (drive E).
- Open the Tag.txt file and enter the following (change date and time as needed): [date] yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss
- Save this file. The next time you use the device, the video and pictures will have the correct date and time. It should remain this way unless the battery goes dead.
- Please make sure T-flash (Micro SD) card has been inserted, if not, it will power off automatically after 15 seconds.
- The maximum capacity of T-flash card is 16GB. Saving files requires time. Do not press the Operation button continuously. This will avoid saving incomplete files.
- Video Resolution: 720X480 AVI
- Photo Resolution: 1280X1024 JPG
- Battery: 280mha 3.7V
- Simple Design
- 4 GB of Memory, expandable to 16 GB
- Also used as a Web Cam
- The remote minus the keychain (keychain adds 2 inches in length) is only 2 inches long by 1 and a quarter inches.
- Spy Car Remote DVR (2GB)
- USB Cord
- User Manual
- Built-In Rechargeable Battery